Email MeCraig M. Wallace
866-844-0409 (Toll Free)
Craig Wallace has always had a passion for the law. He began his legal career as an Assistant D.A. with the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn, New York. Later, he was assigned to the Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor for the City of New York, where he prosecuted major narcotic felony cases. With firsthand knowledge of how crimes are prosecuted, combined with his nearly 20 years in private practice, Craig has worked on both sides of the aisle. He is one of the few lawyers in the region uniquely qualified to defend individuals accused of any crime.
Craig returned to his hometown of Poughkeepsie, NY, to eventually assume the role of Managing Partner with Wallace & Wallace, LLP. A full-service law firm, Wallace & Wallace represents businesses and individuals throughout the Mid Hudson Valley including Orange, Ulster, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester and Dutchess counties. Attorney Craig Wallace currently serves as the Assistant Town Attorney for Poughkeepsie and has worked in various municipal capacities, including as City of Poughkeepsie Section 8 Hearing Officer, City of Poughkeepsie Code Enforcement Officer and City of Poughkeepsie Civil Hearing Officer.
Craig lives in the community with his wife Leah and family. He is an active volunteer in a wide variety of civic organizations such as Pitch for Kids Foundation, Dutchess County Chamber of Commerce and youth baseball.
Craig is a graduate of Syracuse University College of Law. He was admitted to the New York State Bar Association in 1992 and the Connecticut Bar Association in 1991.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Criminal Defense
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1992
- Connecticut, 1991
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Kings County District Attorney (Brooklyn), Assistant District Attorney
- Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor for the City of New York
- Town of Poughkeepsie, Assistant Town Attorney
- City of Poughkeepsie Section 8 Hearing Officer
- City of Poughkeepsie Code Enforcement Office
- City of Poughkeepsie Civil Hearing Office
Pro Bono Activities
- Pitch for Kids Foundation
- Dutchess County Chamber of Commerce
- Youth baseball